Tuesday, May 18, 2010

a very complicated game of tetris


that's what packing is.

(mashing odd shaped belongings into a box, hoping it fits, and hoping the airline doesn't rape you with the weight restrictions.) like this! -->

that's also something I haven't started. (leaving tomorrow. woops.) I have a tendency to get overly excited, as in "walking-around-clenching-fists-grinning-like-an-idiot-can't-get-anything-done" excited. This is why I live in denial up until the last possible moment that I'm about to take off on a plane alone to a teeny tiny island for 6 weeks..because if I *actually* thought about it, I'd be worthless.

I've already had the onslaught of "pre-flight" nightmares: there's the standard 'I miss my flight' bit, but since in real life I live in the realm of 'what is the worst possible thing that could happen and in the strangest way possible' so I can brace for it, my subconscious has decided to operate accordingly. Thus, I had a dream I set down my carry on to get a soda (super-cute new Target tote) and TSA mistakes it for a bomb, brought in the dogs, wouldn't let me take it, and delayed all flights.

note to self: do NOT set down tote.

In other news, I've gotten my roommate assignments. I was under the impression it was three rooms of two beds per room in an apartment. Then I open my email where I am introduced to April AND Heather. and then before I can process that information I get another email 9 minutes later and am introduced to my Session 2 roommates Keri and Cathryn. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to have roommates other than my mom and dad, but 3 girls in one presumably tiny room is ANOTHER very complicated game of tetris. I emailed all four to warn then Matt will be coming for a week, since his visit will overlap both sessions. I am batting .250 for responses. gulp. I will be interpreting their silence as tacit compliance.

Anywhoo- I should probably get to packing, and bathing, and eating, and whatnot. Next time I write, it'll be from a terrace in Malta!!

Stay tuned,

KB

1 comment:

seoexpert said...

Greetings! A debt of gratitude is in order for the colossal data you havr gave! You have touched on crucuial focuses! play tetris unblocked online